Print Friendly and PDF

PLEASE CLICK ON MY CRAFT PAGE BELOW AND LIKE

Monday, November 10, 2014

SALADS: REFRIGERATOR MINI CUKES(click here to print)

REFRIGERATOR MINI CUKES

My local grocery store had a clearance on mini cucumbers.  I got 24 for .99 cents.  So I ended up getting 70 mini cucumbers for $3.00.  We love pickled cucumbers as a side dish for lunch and dinner.  I worked with 24 at time.  First I rinsed them in cold water.  I have a salad shooter so it was easy to slice them up quickly.  Ran them through the salad shooter.  Finely chopped 5 medium sized onions.(used my handy dandy little food chopper for the onions)  Added onions to cukes.  Sprinkled on 2 tablespoons of salt.   With my hands I mixed the salt and onions into the cukes.  Then I let it sit for 30 minutes.  Then I added 1 1/2 cups of vinegar and 1/2 cup of canola oil to the mixture.  Mixed that in by hand so that onions, cukes and dressing are well combined.  Then I tasted it and added 3 packets of Splenda. Took a slotted spoon and spooned the mixture in canning jars.  I used a slotted spoon because I did not want to have a lot of juice in the jars
Cover with jar lids or aluminum foil.  Store in refrigerator for up to a month.  Recipe submitted by Edith Weil


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10